If you are using a laptop or tablet with a touch screen, you may find it useful to disable the touch screen when you’re not using it. This can help save battery life and also prevent accidental input from your fingers if your hands ever happen to brush against the screen. In this article, we will provide step-by-step instructions for how to turn off the touchscreen on a Windows 10 device. Learn How to Turn Off Touch Screen Windows 10?
How to Turn Off Touch Screen Windows 10?
- Open Device Manager by searching for “Device Manager” in the search bar or opening it from the Control Panel. You can access Control Panel by right-clicking on the Start button.
- Expand Human Interface Devices by clicking on the arrow next to its name.
- Find your laptop’s touch screen device (you may have to look for manufacturer names such as HP or Dell). Right-click on it and select “Disable”.
- A confirmation window should appear; click Yes to confirm that you want to disable the touchscreen device.
- The touchscreen will now be disabled and will no longer accept any input from your fingers or stylus. To re-enable it, simply repeat these steps but instead of selecting “Disable”, select “Enable”.
- Your laptop’s/tablet’s touch screen is now either enabled or disabled depending on your selection in Step 5!
If you own a laptop or tablet with a touch screen, disabling and enabling it can be very useful if you want to save battery life or prevent accidental inputs from brushing hands against the screen while typing or scrolling with a mouse/touchpad. Disabling and enabling touch screens in Windows 10 is easy thanks to Device Manager – just follow our step-by-step guide above! With that, we hope that this article has been helpful in teaching you how to turn off and turn on your Windows 10 device’s touchscreen!